Lip Enhancement, Lip Fillers in London
Non-surgical Lip Enhancement is a popular treatment for those who wish to achieve fuller and more defined lips as well as restore volume that may have been lost due to aging. If you’re looking for a more youthful look, lip fillers may be the answer!
Dermal facial fillers are hyaluronic acid injectable treatments. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the body. Iwona’s lip filler of choice is Juvederm which is a sterile gel consisting of non-animal, stabilised hyaluronic acid and a local anaesthetic called lidocaine, which will make to treatment more comfortable. We understand that the lips are a sensitive area, therefore, a topical local anaesthetic will be applied to the lip to reduce any pain experienced before the procedure.
Are Lip Fillers Suitable for everyone?
Before treatment, you will have a medical consultation in our London clinic to ensure that the treatment is safe for you and to answer any questions that you may have. Together we will discuss and decide on a treatment plan to achieve the desired results for your lips. Many people will only need a small amount of lip filler to achieve a natural subtle enhancement.
Dermal fillers are not suitable if;
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant
- Suffer from severe allergies
- If you suffer from cold sores it is important to wait 7 days after you cold sore has resolved before having a lip enhancement procedure. If you are prone to cold sores at the injection site, treatment may bring out another eruption
- Lip enhancement is not suitable if you are under 18 years old
How does it work?
Small amounts of dermal filler are carefully injected into the lip using different techniques to create the desired effect.
How long does it last for?
The results are immediate and usually last between 6-9 months.
- Avoid high-intensity exercise immediately following treatment for 24 hours
- Avoid rubbing and touching the area
- Avoid applying make up for 4 hours
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 72 hours
- Avoid hot environments for 24 hours
Are there any side effects?
All cosmetic procedures carry side effects and risks. Common side effects following treatment are:
- Bruising to the lip
These side effects should subside within 24-48 hours.
The following are rare side effects of lip fillers; however, it is important that anybody considering Lip Enhancement Procedures are aware of them:
- Severe swelling
- Allergic Reaction
- Vascular Occlusion
The procedure takes around 30 minutes in our clinic in London
Discomfort Level is moderate however a topical anaesthetic cream is applied to the area beforehand. Lip fillers also contain local anaesthetic.
Recovery 48 hours
Results immediately visible
Risks and complications bruising, swelling, infection, asymmetry, allergic reaction, vascular occlusion
- Lip Filler 0.55ml £175
- Lip Filler 1ml £300